Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Adisyn's first Dr. visit

Sorry I have been a little behind on updates. Adisyn is doing well. Took her to the Dr. last Thurs. and everything ck'd out ok. She weighed 8 lbs 4 oz. when we left the hospital and on Thurs. she weighed 8 lbs. 11 oz so she gained 7 oz. And she grew length wise just a tiny bit. She managed to blow up her diaper in the waiting room and then I cleaned her up and then the nurse took her to weigh her and she peed on the nurse.
As for me, the breastfeeding isn't going as well as I had hoped. She only likes to nurse on my right side. I got a clogged milk duct on the left breast (which hurts really bad) and ever since then she hasn't wanted to nurse on my left side. This makes feedings a little more difficult because I have to pump every time so I can nurse her from the right and then feed her a bottle too. I even called the lactation nurse and she said there isn't much else I can do but to keep trying and doing what I am doing.
Moe and I are both really exhausted. He is home with me this week, which is so nice... He is a huge help. He cooked dinner tonight and has been getting up with her in the morning and feeding her so I can get at least 3 hrs of sleep in a row. I usually only get 1-2 hrs at a time. She has been a little bit more fussy this week. There is about 3 hrs in the day that she kind of whines and we aren't sure what she wants exactly. But I read in some books that this is normal. She is staying awake more and more during the day and eating and going right back to sleep almost every night. Overall she is a great baby and we are super blessed. I know some people that have babies that cry for hours. She just makes whimper noises mostly. She loves her sponge baths, still has her umbilical cord so we can't put her in her tub till that falls off.
We have taken her out a few times with us and she slept the entire time we were out and about so she didn't even know she left the house. Even though I have lack of sleep this has been the coolest adventure in my life. I am loving being a mom to such a precious little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment