Sunday, July 25, 2010

Adisyn Rochelle Mulhall

Adisyn was born July 24th at 7:12 pm 8 lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long. She is adorable!!!! She is in NICU for 2-7 days because she possibly has an infection. Both Adisyn and I had fevers and possible infections. They had to take her away as soon as she was born and run test and put her on an IV. She is stable now just waiting for the test results to come back. For me, they had to put me on antibiotic and my fever has gone away as of this morning. They will be testing my placenta to see what spiked my fever.
So as you probably figured out I didn't have to be induced. After the Dr. scheduled for me to be induced at my Fri. afternoon appt. I began having contractions around 11:10 Fri. night they started coming every 5 min. for 45-60 sec. apart. Called the Dr. and she sent me to the hospital. I arrived at the hospital my contractions became super intense I had them all night and didn't sleep at all. In the morning they broke my water and then I was able to dilate more and I got the epidural. I took 2 1 hr naps and I was able to start pushing around 4:30 and then the hard part started and it was very intense and hard. Adisyn just didn't want to cooperate. at the end we finally had to have some help by suctioning her out when I pushed. My body is so sore today. Thank God for epidurals and pain meds.Ice packs are going to be my best friend for a while. But all the hard work I did yesterday was all worth it. I had such a hard time with them taking her away as soon as I had her. I was so sad. I didn't even get enjoy being with her last night. But hopefully her test results come back good and we will get to take her home with us on Monday. I had the best nurse yesterday to get me through the hard labor. My mom, Susan, Denise, and Moe were all there to support me as well. Moe and Susan held my legs and mom and Denise took pictures. I am so glad they were all in the room with me, I don't know what I wouldv'e done without them. I will keep everyone posted on Adisyn's progress over the next couple of days. Hopefully GOOD NEWS!! Please keep us all in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment