Monday, July 26, 2010

update on Adisyn and me

Still in the hospital. Adisyn' s white blood cell count is still higher than they would like so the Dr. wants Adisyn to stay overnight again so they could run more blood work in the morning to see if her WBC count is more on a normal level and keep giving her antibiotics. We are hoping and saying many prayers that she can come home tomorrow. They have discharged me so I am just in the hospital for one more night so that I can be here to feed her. Moe has to go back to work tomorrow morning so Mom is staying with me for the night to help out.
The first 24 hours of feedings were really rough. I am trying to breastfeed but since they had to suction her out as soon as she was born it caused her to have a sore throat and she has a hard time wanting to swallow anything. She has fed from me a few times but she will no longer latch on. I still don't have my milk in so that makes it harder to feed and she just doesn't want to work for it. This morning was the first successful feeding with a bottle of formula. She drank almost 2 oz. which was such a relief. Since she wasn't eating from me or a bottle the first day they were possibly going to have to feed her through an IV. All last night she would eat and then just spit it back up or not eat it at all. We switched the type of nipple and bottle this morning and I think that made all the difference. She takes forever to eat and we have to wake her up to eat and sometimes she falls back asleep while she is eating. But all that matters is that we are getting her to eat something and she is using the bathroom consistantly. Hopefully once my milk comes in she will eat from me instead.
She is so perfect. I love everything about her. This has been an incredible experience and even though it wasn't the most pleasant experience I would do it all over again. I can just stare at her all day. She is so cuddly.I just can't wait to take her home with us. I just want her to feel well. I don't know that I mentioned previously why she and I may have had an infection and fevers. She had a bowel movement in the womb and if she swallowed any of it that is what could cause an infection. They knew this before she was born so they were prepared to take her away and give her special attention. So in other words she has not been feeling 100% since she was born. But each day has been getting better and better. Did I say how much I love her yet??? Well I will keep everyone posted on what we find out tomorrow. Hopefully we will be bringing her home. Thanks for all your prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment